The increasing digitalization of the world around us has impacted how we go about our lives in countless ways, including shopping for groceries. Instead of physical grocery stores, grocery apps are steadily and quickly taking over the market, offering new-found speed and convenience to customers. Grocery delivery apps help save you time and money. And, by ordering items via phone, the end customer doesn’t have to physically visit the store, or stand in line, or even unload all that purchased material from the car. Interestingly, some of the apps also offer exclusive savings, while others enable shoppers to make changes after they place the order.
However, before we discuss the benefits of such apps, let us first take a look at how the demand for such apps has been impacted during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Growth in demand: While grocery apps have been around for a while now, there has been a humorous growth in demand for such apps since the pandemic started. This is because of the global lockdowns, which compelled people to stay at home to prevent the risk of transmission.
- Shift in demand for certain types of items: Yet another way COVID-19 has shaped demand for grocery apps is the focus it has put on specific items. Today, people are prioritizing household staples and other such items, which has meant even small-scale players who can provide just the basics can foray into the world of grocery delivery apps and thrive. Take JioMart, for example; this grocery delivery service has enabled even small-scale, family-owned shops selling groceries and sundries to partake in the surge in demand for grocery apps.
Now let us also take a look at some of the general advantages of grocery apps in the modern age.
- Reach more customers: Smartphones are prevalent, which means anybody with such a device can access your grocery app. What that means is that companies with such offerings can instantly reach a whole new base of target customers, unlike offline grocery stores whose customer base is limited to the geographical vicinity of their location.
- Convenience: We live in a fast-paced world and often people find themselves with little time to indulge in the luxury of shopping for essentials in person. These apps, then, have proven to be highly convenient for people with extremely busy schedules, allowing people to shop for all the necessities for their homes and have said items delivered right to their doorstep. It also saves them a lot of time one would otherwise spend traveling to and from the store and browsing through the store for the items they need.
- Different payment methods: Brick and mortar grocery shops may have been the preferred means of shopping for staples since time immemorial, but the fact remains that they have their shortcomings, including the lack of variety when it comes to payment methods. Online grocery delivery apps enable companies to provide their customers with not only different types of payment methods but also incorporate the latest payment technologies into their business. This, in turn, delivers a significant boost for convenience for customers, thus vastly improving their shopping experience online.
There is not even a shred of doubt that how we shop for groceries has changed significantly and coronavirus is single-handedly responsible for this shift. While the pandemic is unfortunate, the fact remains that it means good news for grocery store companies, who now have access to a whole new world of opportunities to grow their businesses. The next step, then, is to find a trusted grocery delivery app development service provider and get started on building such an app for your business ASAP.